Friday 28 November 2014

Week 8: Game Production

Overall I've found this week to be incredibly challenging in terms of time management and things not going the way I want them to; I've fallen behind on my Bradgate work, my Village house and my blog as well as failed to complete my Gurus and Grasshoppers project.. and the worst part is? I wasn't even being lazy!

When it came to unwrapping my Farmhouse I ran into every complication possible when I was expecting none. If I hadn't had such an issue with unwrapping I would have kept to the schedule I set for myself and finished in plenty of time which was incredibly frustrating.

Although after the horrible unwrapping phase passed and I'd managed to get it to do what I wanted it to I began texturing which, again, I expected to be plain sailing. With the introduction of tileable textures and multisub materials everything took a lot more time and consideration as well as a lot of trial and error. This in turn resulted in me falling behind my own schedule, although I did feel like I could get it done in time for the deadline I just wouldn't have enough time for messing around with it and making it look good.

Fortunately we were granted another week for 'polishing', this would enable me to take more time with my textures and make sure they looked good.. Although that wasn't the actual intention of the week it was the best I could do with it all things considered!

I'm still quite pleased with my attempt at time keeping, although now I know I need to allow time for mistakes and any other complications. Because of all this I couldn't do all the work I wanted to do (sorry Gurus!) and ended up getting quite stressed but I feel like I've already been able to learn from my mistakes and for future projects I intend to push the concepts out a lot quicker so that I've got more time to trip up in 3D!

Next week will include my final piece and a review of that outcome rather than all my mistakes! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment