Tuesday 2 December 2014

Week 9: The Farmhouse

Finally after a lot of stress and tedious stuff I've completed my Farmhouse! As I mentioned before, its been a real struggle with my time management and not accommodating for things going wrong but its all done now.

Overall I'm not very happy with my final model.

3D model with wireframe

I found it quite frustrating as I felt I had a strong design that I really liked but modelling was much harder than I expected. As well as this my textures aren't as good as I wished they were- I spent a long time trying to make a tillable texture work and in doing so had to settle for something mediocre. I was really determined to make my building as good as the example ones so I had a really strong piece to go into the levels but I ended up painting too much in my own style and with the wrong kind of brushes (and probably too lazy as well when it came to details).

Model in unreal- the roof really lets it down.

I decided to do a thatched roof early on in my concepts and I still think it was the right kind of roof for a farmhouse but the way I had to unwrap it seriously hinders my model and makes it look very 'rookie' amongst the others which is exactly what I didn't want.




Fortunately we have two more projects to go into the same level so I can use what I have learned to my advantage and hopefully make them much better. If we get the chance to go back to it I know exactly what I need to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment