Tuesday 11 November 2014

Week 6: Visual design

A little bit late as per usual but I finished my Guild Hall painting and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

Painted in Photoshop

With all the projects going on I've found it pretty easy to forget about or neglect my finals but better late than never.

I felt quite motivated to make this good as Chris said he'd be looking at them and possibly sending them forward to the GuildHall themselves if they were good enough and I'm quite eager to impress...


I actually tried a different painting technique with this painting because the photo I got gave me the shape information but not the colours I wanted- I took the picture around 6 or 7 in the evening so it was pretty dark with everything illuminated by street lights.

My reference picture
In order to achieve the colours I wanted and give myself some artistic license I put an underlay of a red and blue to achieve the warm and cold colour bases and then built up on top of it which gave me a lot of pinks and purples which I wouldn't have chosen to use myself but they worked really well on the painting.

In comparison to the photograph I think my GuildHall is a little off perhaps in proportions and maybe perspective but regardless of that I'm really happy with the outcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment