Thursday 6 November 2014

Week 5: Visual design

This week's visual design was pretty straightforward- we had the day cleared of timetabled lessons to go and visit the Guild Hall to do some sketching.

Some of my thumbnail drawings.
I really enjoyed the couple of hours we spent at the guildhall, the structure of it was interesting and quite challenging yet fun to draw- a lot of the beams were wonky and it was quite difficult to make them wonky in the drawings while still looking right. I also drew a couple of details such as chairs to change it up a bit.

As well as this we were told to draw people in a busy place for life drawing.







I found this pretty difficult simply because people walked really quick so I got minimal time to get the gesture right although I did find it got easier the more I did. It was definitely good practice because you learn what parts are the most important when sketching people quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment