Sunday 19 October 2014

Week 3: Visual design

This week we had to continue our work with perspective but we had moved on to two point. I had found the thought of it a little intimidating at first but when I got down to it I actually found it quite straight forward.

Selection of some two point perspective thumnails, some were done from photos online due to weather!
I already feel like I'm starting to understand perspective a whole lot better than when we began and it really is down to practice, which makes me wonder what else I should look to focus on and improve on. I still have some issues finding the vanishing point but I often find I have a good enough understanding to draw some parts without the construction lines.

I really enjoyed life drawing this week especially as we were able to do longer poses!

Some warm up sketches- two minutes continuous line and two minutes of drawing with the opposite hand.

A seated pose sketch.

My fifteen minute sketch above went a lot quicker than I expected and I realised afterwards that I had exaggerated the perspective of the legs and made them a little too big in comparison to the torso. It was suggested that I stand away from my drawing especially on this scale (A3) so I could check on my scales. Its at this point I miss the digital art comforts of being able to easily re-scale!

In our digital class we had to do something a little different; we needed to design a superhero cubee man. We weren't given much time to design but I decided to go with an iridescent beetle-like design (with some insect controlling superpower perhaps). Rather than looking like a guy in a suit he looked more like a creature but I really liked the colours and shimmer I gave him. We were then told to have it finished and printed on card for the next day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment