Sunday 19 October 2014

Week 3: Game production and critical studies

Game production

Our work on our cubee man continued over to our game production work as it served the purpose of helping us to understand texture unwrapping and such.


I'm really pleased with how my little superhero turned out although I think with more iterations I probably could have come up with a better design overall.

 Critical studies

In this week's critical studies we had to create a 3 minute presentation on our favourite character, following a lecture on what makes a good visual character.

I was quite unsure for a few days on what character I would want to present; should I go with my genuine favourite character or should I just pick a design that I really like? I had thought of going with a character from a TV show called Vikings, as I genuinely loved her design and her character, although I wasn't sure that I could say that much about her design as it was only really costume that constituted her design..

I brainstormed some other characters and came up with the idea of Godzilla. I did some really good research and found lots of things to cover on his design but at the last minute I changed my mind because I wasn't a 'true Godzilla fan' I was only really considering him because it was easier not because I adored his design.. Bit of a mistake! I wasn't really happy with how my presentation went. It was partly down to poor preparation and a bit of a weak design that I chose. I also let nerves get the better of me and ended up pretty much reading off my notes which I already knew wasn't a good idea!

But I know what I did wrong so I hope I can use this as a stepping stone to my next presentation (regardless of how much I'm not looking forward to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment