Tuesday 14 April 2015

Week 25 and my Easter holidays

Final Toyota pickup renders
So I neglected to do my end of term blog post for the simple fact that I forgot to put my final renders on googledrive.. Life without a memory stick is hard.

If there's anything I've learned from doing this its that VEHICLES AREN'T MY THING. I wouldn't go so far to say as I've struggled with this project but I certainly haven't enjoyed it and have felt very inadequate in the ways of car knowledge. I'm not sure whether it's been the transition of stylised to photo-realistic or whether it is because I just know nothing at all about cars but something hasn't sat right. I'm definitely a hand-painted texture kinda gal.

My Easter holidays were actually pretty productive in terms of personal work (I decided to take a break from everything Zombie- except the Walking Dead season finale)

Herbert James Draper Study
Photo study
Albert Bierstadt- Among the Sierra Nevada mountains study
Mood board for my personal project
I've also started a personal project which is a 18th century French fashion future. So basically, the future which has reverted almost entirely back to this flamboyant fashion. Although it wasn't directly inspired by the Hunger Game's Capitol I can see similarities. Since I'm going on visual design rather than original project ideas I think I should be okay!

I'm challenging myself to design (almost) every aspect of this 'world' so I will be working on interior/architecture/environment as well as character and costume. So far so good! I hope I'll have a fancy dinner hall to show off soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment