Tuesday 17 March 2015

Week 24: Painfully unproductive

This week was certainly pretty slow-going. The amount of time given for this project made me lazy, and days ticked on where I didn't really do much work on it.. or anything else of that matter.

Fortunately I made some progress on my concepts, trying to add some looser and more interesting ideas.
More zombie concepts
I think the only productive thing I managed to do this week was a couple of paintings:

My first non-study in a considerable amount of time
This painting was originally starting out as a study but I decided to push myself and do something more challenging and put in a lady wearing it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it gave me some faith in my own abilities.

Bouguereau study
 I've started to consider focusing on character art since that is my strength at the moment, but I still want to improve on other areas so I'm leaving it a little open for now since I am only in first year!

Noticing I was behind on my truck I decided I needed to get my act together, and after a weekend at home to recharge my batteries I started working again!

A day's work
I think this project has certainly showed me so far what I should and shouldn't do with an extensive amount of time, and I'm going to remember this for every project we get after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment