Sunday 17 May 2015

Centaurs everywhere

This week I decided to take a step back and do some stuff just for fun; my energy was starting to run out and I'd been doing so many studies I just needed to draw again for fun. 

Ragnar (TV series Vikings) portrait
Statue study

The first of the Centaurs

 I've recently been watching Spartacus which is set in Ancient Rome and is mostly about Gladiators. I really felt like drawing Centaurs again as they were one of my favourite things while I was younger but I always lacked the ability to draw them how I wanted to. I thought it would be a fun idea to paint a centaur and give him gladiator style armour. This way I got to do a little reading and visual research and produced this. I didn't do an awful lot of concepting, which I'm kinda guilty about but at the same time it was just for fun!

Centaur 2


 I still had some different ideas and styles of armour that I wanted to try out so I just kept sketching!


 I then decided I wanted to make one into a more interesting illustration so here's a WIP. I think once I've finished this one I'm going to look into more Greek mythology and try and concept some of the characters from there. Fortunately a lot of creatures in Narnia and Greek mythology cross over so I can tie these projects into each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment